WPS Health Insurance

Welcome Employers!

insured employers in wisconsin
Hot Topics

Do you have employees approaching Medicare eligibility?

Employees getting closer to age 65 may need help making the transition to Medicare. WPS Health Insurance offers Medicare supplement plans trusted by more than 42,000 Wisconsin residents.*
*Based on sales data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, 12/2014.

Group Size Questionnaire

Please provide the number of employees in your group. The applicability of many state and federal requirements, including The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act ("PPACA") (P.L. 111-148) and the Medicare Secondary Payor Rules are based on the number of employees in your group. These provisions require detailed information regarding total number of employees as defined under the federal government guidelines for small and large group classification. You can fill out your questionaire online or download the questionaire and send it in the mail.

INS Information

DOD Act Extends COBRA Subsidy

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) was amended on Dec. 19, 2009, by the Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2010 (DOD Act). ARRA provides for premium reductions for health benefits under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985, commonly called COBRA. Eligible individuals pay only 35% of their COBRA premiums and the remaining 65% is reimbursed to the coverage provider through a tax credit.

The DOD Act extended the COBRA premium reduction eligibility period for two months until February 28, 2010, and increased the maximum period for receiving the subsidy for an additional six months (from nine to 15 months). On March 3, 2010, the Temporary Extension Act of 2010 (HR 4691) further extended the period to apply for the ARRA premium reduction until March 31, 2010.

On April 15, 2010, HR 4851 was signed which extended the March 31, 2010 deadline until May 31, 2010. To qualify, individuals must experience the involuntary termination of a covered employee's employment during the period that began Sept. 1, 2008 and ended May 31, 2010. The premium reduction applied to periods of health coverage that began on or after May 31, 2010 and lasted up to 15 months.

What does this mean for your group?

You may be wondering what these new provisions mean for your business. WPS created the documents below to help you gain better understanding. You can also visit the Department of Labor website for more information.

Helpful Documents